Sunday, August 12, 2012

Almost over...

So summer is almost over, at least for me it is.  The teachers have to report on Wednesday this week and the work in my room shall begin!  I was excited to see today after church that yes, my room was  shampooed and cleaned this week!  YEAH!  That means I have free reign in my room now.  I can't wait.  I am looking forward to getting in there now.  I finally am getting the itch to go back... finally (only taking 3 days before I start to get it)!  I am hoping that it is such a fun year this year.  I really enjoyed last year and now I get double the fun! 

Even though the back to school itch is back, I still am feeling a little stressed because I am working on my colloquy.  There is a lot more writing to this one and I hope that I am able to pull it off.  (I think it is also my 'got to get A's and nothing else' nature pulling through and not helping me stay relaxed.)  I have a little more to go, but almost there!

I can also tell that summer is almost over because it is Armada Fair time!  This year I have 3 quilts and about 60 pictures in the fair.  I will probably have a big post later this week about the fair.  I can't wait to go to the fair tomorrow!  It opens tomorrow and I can't go until about 4:30!  AHHH!  If it is really bugging me, I may sneak out there early, but it is a drive from my house and I don't want to waste the gas.  (I am worse than my almost 4 year old!  He keeps begging to go out to the fair.  I guess if he has to wait, I should also set the example.) :)  Here is hoping to some ribbons!  My goal is to one year get a rosette.  I have many ribbons from years past, but never a rosette.  I am trying to win one, but it has to be something specatular to get one and I don't know if I am there yet.  I think a nice hand sewn appliqued quilt may be the key... we shall see.  I am not up to making that yet. :)  (Lots of time involved which you don't quite have as a teacher and mother to young ones.)

No comments:

Post a Comment