Saturday, August 18, 2012

Back to School linky

Here is a cute linky that I have seen on a few other blogs.  I thought it was cute so I am going to try it!



The blog that started it can be found here at Kindergarten Lifestyle.  I always know more buses are out because my son LOVES to see and count the buses we see for the day.  Usually in the summer we get one, maybe two because we live right by the ISD and we see them coming or going all the time.  On a typical school day, depending on if I am running on time or not, we can see usually about 20 buses or more a day.  Our count lately has been up to about 6, so the new routes are being tested and school is almost here!

I have been back to school since Wednesday.  I have been in my room getting all of my furniture arranged the way I would like it.  My desk is in a new spot, I have a new rug this year (SUPER excited about that) and my desks are arranged in a different style too since I have more kids this year than last year.  Last year's set up will not work with this many kids.  I went to an awesome conference on Friday about using iPads in the classroom.  It would be a dream to have 24 iPads for my kiddos to use in the classroom.  I would love to even have 6 that I could share with my teaching partner when we have centers.  The pros of the iPads being used in the classroom were great.  One of the main ideas that stuck with me was that for the student who struggles to write and form letters, they can succeed at writing by using the iPad and typing it out!  I can also differentiate the different learning styles in my class to all 24 kids!  That would be wonderful to be able to do.  I applied for my first grant over the summer, and didn't get it.  But I am not discouraged because I know there is someone out there who will help me get iPads in my classroom!  I will try again this winter for the same grant, just rewrite it a little, and also for Target's grants in the spring.  I am hoping to get at least one of those grants to get about 5 iPads in the classroom.  (Hey I will even pay all the taxes on the iPads if I got the grants to go with them and they only covered the cost of the actual iPad.)  It would be worth it to me!  So if there is someone who is reading this and would like to donate something large to my classroom... an iPad would be wonderful! :)  Just saying.  Never hurts to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment